Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Cake - Part 4 - Made it to England!

Hurray! I made it to England and the cake is all still in one piece. When I came out of the airport I didn't find Robin Hood or Little John, but I did find Benjamin waiting there for me with a sign. This is an important cake because the sign had my name on it and the Cake. I guess we are now a pair!

As you can see  Benjamin is dressed for cold weather. I've gone from warm and sunny Asia to cold and dreary England. I'm going to freeze, but at least I don't have to worry about the cake melting on the way to the wedding.

I thought I would breath a sigh of relief when I arrived in England, but then I got in the car with Benjamin. Benjamin lived in Cambodia for a year and a half and he brought the Cambodian driving habits back to England. I was nervous as he drove on the way to Nottingham.

I'm now worried about myself. After 20+ hours of carrying the cake I am now afraid I have an emotional attachment to the cake. Just 2 more days until the wedding!


No comments:

Post a Comment